Harrison Opens Auditions for Three Departments
Guitar, Orchestra-Strings, and Technical Theatre Auditions Have Been Re-Opened
Harrison is re-opening the audition process for the Guitar Department, violin players in the Orchestra Department, and for the Technical Theatre Department. The guidelines for this process are:
1. Auditions are open only to students entering Grades 9 and 10 (for both guitar, violin, and technical theatre).
2. For Orchestra, only violin players may apply to audition.
3. The application and audition requirements can be found HERE.
4. Once the application is complete, return it to the Harrison office and an audition date/time will be set.
5. Audition opportunities will close once both departments have filled their departmental vacancies.
The Lois Cowles Harrison Center for the Visual and Performing Arts represents the finest in arts-education in Polk County. In addition to student and public spaces, a 95,000 square-foot expansion completed in 2008 has technologically-advanced stages, studios, and classrooms. The multi-million dollar complex provides necessary enhancements of existing programs and space for future expansion, as well as potential for the addition of new programs.
Harrison is a public school of choice with enrollment by audition only. Past graduates have attended such prestigious post-secondary institutions as Harvard University, The Juilliard School, The Cooper Union, Eastman School of Music, Southern Methodist University, New York University, Manhattan School of Music, DePaul University, and Princeton to name just a few. Harrison alumni have gone on to star in major Broadway productions, be featured on network television programs, pursue roles in professional dance companies, and be successful practicing visual artists.